A versatile Data Logger for the Diagnosis of CAN Networks and the Recording of Process Data
IXXAT's CAN data logger "CANcorder MMC" is a powerful, cost-effective tool for archival logging of data traffic in CAN systems. Its intelligent trigger functions allow logging and saving of CAN messages before and after a freely-definable trigger event. These trigger events can be error frames, time delays, keys of the remote control, the digital input or a received CAN bit pattern. This bit pattern is described in program text similar to C-syntax and enables all elements of a CAN message to be linked to logical operators and values. Due to the CANdB file import, a signal based trigger configuration is supported. In the multi-stage trigger, up to three consecutive trigger events can be analyzed, leading to the implementation of complex trigger conditions. As a result, sporadic errors can be specifically logged and downloaded to the PC for further analysis.
Besides recording CAN messages, the CANcorder MMC can be used for the transmission of up to four cyclic messages. Cycle times between 62 days and 10 ms can be defined for each message, and, the offset between the four messages can be set.
The CANcorder MMC is available with two CAN channels (11 bit or 29 bit identifier) and allows data to be recorded in single or dual mode. Due to the large buffered data memory of 4 MB, up to 230,000 messages can be recorded. The memory can be used for up to 128 different trace records. The recorded data is transfered to the memory card as soon as a trace record becomes completely taken. Because of this, the recording capacity is only limited by the size of the memory card.
The CANcorder MMC is configured with the aid of a convenient Windows configuration tool. This also allows trace data to be downloaded from the device to the PC and saved to the hard disk for further analysis. The CANcorder MMC does not have to be connected to the PC for this, as the configuration data and the logs can be transferred using the memory card.
Besides the manual configuration, the CANdb import functionality allows for a simpler configuration of trigger events by using the signal names and values which are defined in the CANdb database. To do this, these are entered via Drag&Drop into the CANcorder trigger/filter controls of the configuration tool.
Due to the Sleep-Mode (automatic power-down after a specified time with no bus traffic) and the optionally available remote connection via GSM module/cell phone, the CANcorder is particularly appropriate for mobile applications in passenger cars and commercial vehicles. The TeleControl function allows events to be signaled by SMS, the up-loading of Trace records via GSM-module/cell phone, and, remote configuration.
As a result of its easy handling and configuration, the CANcorder is also an indispensable tool for both the long-term monitoring of industrial machines and systems, and, the recording of operation data.
- Easy configuration without knowledge of programming with a dialog-based Windows program
- Two CAN channels (single or simultaneous recording)
- Bus interfaces for low and high speed applications (ISO 11898-2 and ISO 11898-3)
- Recording of messages using standard (CAN 2.0A, 11 bit) or extended CAN format (CAN 2.0B, 29 bit)
- Recording of data, error and remote frames with time stamp
- Conversion of the binary traces for further processing to ASCII, canAnalyser/32, CANalyzer, CSV format
- Configurable message filter for recording specific data
- CANdb import functionality for the easy configuration of trigger events
- Cyclic transmission of up to four pre-defined messages
- 4 Mbytes data memory battery buffered for up to 230,000 messages, variable memory usage for 1 to 128 separate traces
- Continuous long-time recording
- Configurable sleep mode with wake-up on CAN, RS 232 or trigger input
- Trigger input (TTL, 5 V) and trigger output (TTL, 5 V)
- Configuration and upload of traces via RS232 (max. 115.2 Kbauds) or memory card (card reader required for PC)
- Support of remote inquiry / remote configuration via modem/GSM
- Freely definable SMS-transmission for status-/event signaling via GSM/cell phone
- Solid metal case
- Manual cable remote control: CANcorder RC (option)
- Firmware update via memory card
- Command line script control (configuration up-/download, trace upload, clock setting, erase of memory card or on-board memory)