Software package for the development of CANopen service and test applications under Windows
The CANopen® Master API is a software package targeted at rapid development of CANopen master applications on a PC using Windows.
The software package consists of two components: The CANopen master software (firmware) for an active IXXAT CAN interface and a programming interface in the form of a Windows DLL. The firmware implements all master services and independently manages the CANopen communication processes leaving the PC available for the application program.
The application accesses data of remote CANopen devices via a function interface which supports both SDO and PDO services. Compared to intermediate data storage in the form of a local object dictionary, the advantage of this approach is that the data is immediately available to the application and can be directly processed without introducing any further latency.
The application has full control of all CANopen services allowing the user to implement complex control algorithms. The balance provided by the CANopen Master API makes it ideally suited for both the development of control programs and for the implementation of service and test programs.
- Transmitting and receiving of SDOs (SDO client functionality) with unlimited data length (expedited, non-expedited, block transfer)
- Transmitting and receiving PDOs (synchronous and asynchronous)
- Receiving emergency messages
- Transmission of SYNC messages with support for the enhanced SYNC functionality introduced with CiA 301 V4.2
- Transmitting the time stamp message
- NMT master functions for control of boot-up, node guarding and heartbeat
- LSS master functionality including support for LSS fastscan according to CiA 305 V2.2
The CANopen Master API comes with example programs for a multitude of programming languages to enable the user to quickly develop CANopen applications in his preferred development environment.
Directly supported are:
- Microsoft Visual Studio (C#, VB.NET, C++)
- Embarcadero (Delphi, C++Builder)
- National Instruments LabVIEW
Supported CAN interfaces
An application program based on the CANopen Master API can be used without modifications on active IXXAT CAN interfaces. The CANopen Master API supports multiple CAN boards in parallel, and depending on the hardware, up to four independent CAN channels per card.
To allow usage of the API on passive IXXAT CAN interfaces CANopen Master API is shipped with software modules encapsulating the processing of the CANopen protocol in a library executing on the host PC. This software allows the use of the new generation of IXXAT CAN interfaces such as the CAN-IB100/PCIe.
Currently the following IXXAT CAN interface modules are supported under Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7:
Active CAN interfaces
- iPC-I 320/104
- iPC-I 320/PCI II
- iPC-I XC16/PCI, iPC-I XC16/PCIe, iPC-I XC16/PMC
- USB-to-CAN compact
- USB-to-CAN II
- CAN@net II
Passive CAN interfaces (requires IXXAT VCI 3.5 or later)
- CAN-IB120/PCIe Mini
- PC-I 04/104
- PC-I 04/PCI
Contents of delivery
- CANopen Master API software
- Run-time license for one installation
- Manual, demo applications
|1.02.0132.00000||CANopen Master API|